Asian Counseling and Referral Services (ACRS) is having their annual benefit gala this Saturday and we're excited that to be contributing to the menu alongside chefs Mutsuko Soma (Chef, Miyabi 45th), Edward Villacorta (Patissier, The Westin Seattle) and Top Chef Season 10 winner Kristen Kish. Our Fried Pancit Palabok from the Luzviminda pop-up menu is a starter course. More info on the event page.
Click the image to see tonight's full menu with commentary.
Click photo for details!
Details below and tickets here.
Want to enjoy spectacular views of Seattle and nosh on delicious food for a good cause? Then join the Seattle chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association on Aug. 4 at Columbia Tower Club.
Have fun with fellow foodies, network with professionals in the communication industry and get inspired for your next dinner party. This event has a little something for everyone.
Come try appetizers from local restaurants. Drink Manny's beer. Sip on some wine. Some of the most exciting chefs working in the Seattle food scene today are donating their time to demonstrate recipes that will be printed in a program book and available for each attendee to take home.
Meet the celebrity chefs:
- Tyler Hefford-Anderson, who has shown off his culinary skills at Salish Lodge and Spa and Opal and is now executive chef at the Columbia Tower Club.
- Lisa Nakamura, an alumna of The French Laundry and Allium who has delighted Seattle foodies more recently with her sold-out pop-up gnocchi bars.
- Rachel Yang, a James Beard-nominated chef and co-owner of Joule and Revel restaurants in Seattle.
- Prometheus Brown & Chera Amlag, purveyors of pop-up Filipino food venture Food and Sh*t. Brown is also known as Geo, one half of the Seattle band Blue Scholars.
- Steven Ariel, formerly of Canlis and now executive chef of TRACE at W Seattle.
So what are you waiting for? Tickets for this event will be limited.
Come up for the view. Stay for the food, booze and great company.
$60 at the door
Appetizers from our featured chefs and other local restaurants, including Bloom, Taste of India and Pho Cyclo. Drinks from Vortex Cellars, Tranche Cellars, Eleven Winery and Georgetown Brewery.
Proceeds from this event benefit AAJA Seattle. The Asian American Journalists Association Seattle chapter is dedicated to promoting diversity in local newsrooms and fair coverage of Asian Americans in the media. Our programs include college scholarships for aspiring journalists, career development and community outreach to local nonprofit organizations.
About AAJA Seattle
Since 1985, AAJA Seattle has provided scholarships for students, professional development for journalists and service to the community in the Pacific Northwest.
The Seattle chapter promotes the association's three-part mission:
To encourage young Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders to enter the ranks of journalism.
To promote fair and accurate coverage of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
To increase the number of Asian American and Pacific Islander journalists and news managers in the industry.
AAJA Seattle's members work throughout Washington state in print, television, radio and online media.
Click the photo for details!
Our bruh/brah @dj100proof just dropped the latest installation of his Backyard BBQ mixtape series. For the full experience, record the mix onto a two-sided 120-minute cassette tape and play in the car as you ride through Seattle from Beacon Hill to Capitol Hill en route to Li'l Woody's to cop the Backyard BBQ burger special of the week and down the street at Stüssy Seattle to cop or look at some gear and grab a physical copy of the mix tape.
Or, download/stream it while you're grilling in the backyard, rooftop, patio, park or parking lot. The track list:
2. Herbcock - All U (Thee Mike B's LISTEN To White Light 12 Edit)
3. Brenda Russell - A Little Bit Of Love
4. Groove Theory - Didja Know
5. Choklate - Love It (Freddie Joachim Remix)
6. James Blake - Limit To Your Love (Amin Payne Remix)
7. TLC - Waterfalls (Instrumental)
8. Brandy - Best Friend
9. Dead Prez - Summer Time
10. Tuxedo - Get You Home (The Precious Lo's Refix)
11. Nate Dogg - Who’s Playin Games?
12. DJ Quik - Roger’s Groove
13. DPG - Bouncin’ ft. Dom Kennedy
14. Daft Punk - Doin' It Right (LAKIM's Left Coast G-Mix)
15. Janelle Monae - What An Experience
16. Shabba Ranks - Mr. Loverman
17. Diana King - Shy Guy
18. The-Dream - Veteran
19. Prince - Breakfast Can Wait
20. Poolside - Next To You
21. Toto - Georgy Porgy (12 Inch Long Disco Version)
22. Leon Ware - Orchids For The Sun ft. Quadron (Instrumental)
23. DJ Cam - Quincy
24. Tall Black Guy - From Home To Work, And Back...
25. Ludacris - Spur of the Moment ft. DJ Quik
26. The Dove Shack - Summertime In The LBC
27. DJ Sun - Tomorrow
28. Moods - Take You There
29. Reflection Eternal - The Blast ft. Vinia Mojica
30. A Tribe Called Quest - Keep It Moving
31. Fort Knox - The Brazilian Hipster
32. Analog Players Society - I Can't Wait (Pickster Do-Over Edit)
33. Blondie - Tide Is High
34. Heidi Leonore - Everybody Loves The Sunshine (The Reflex Rework)
35. Jill Scott - So In Love ft. Anthony Hamilton
36. Pharrell Williams - Gust of Wind ft. Daft Punk
37. The Bee Gees - Night Fever (Luxxury Edit)
38. The Flavr Blue - Magnetic
39. Brother In Arms - Jamaican Gyal
40. Marvin Gaye - I Want You (Diskobeistet Remix)
41. Kleeer - Intimate Connection
42. Miguel - Come Here (M-Rock's Smooth Disco Edit)
43. DJ Quik ft. Tony Toni Tone - Let's Get Down (dj100proof Brazilian Boogie Blend)
44. Lulu Joppert - Wanna Be Starting Something
(pork, chicken, bangus or tofu): $3/taco (+ 1 w/ egg), $8/3 tacos (+2 w/ eggs)
Salmon Fish Balls 5
Puto & Kutsinta 5
Ube Cheesecake slice 6
Shout to Above the Goods fam and ATG photographer Took. Click the photo to see how it all went down in Honolulu last week.